Monday, June 23, 2008

Finally!

"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might."
Ephesians 6: 10 NKJV

I love a good fight. Especially when the odds are against me. Before entering a sales career I was told women never make it in the electrical business. Even though few women tried, some made it. I figured if a man could sale electrical fixtures and lights, so could I. YES! I paid my dues before entering a respectful position. From caustic remarks to demeaning jobs – order desk, customer service, technical backup, telemarketing - I studied, fought, and trained myself. With each new job interview, my courage grew. If you want to break into a male dominated field you need some intestinal fortitude and a willingness to stretch your abilities to the maximum. Also, a good sense of humor lightens the load.

Sometimes in this spiritual life good things happen because we fight for the right cause. Often we need some spiritual intestinal fortitude to overcome the obstacles that Satan hurdles in your pathway to divine success. The world and the devil’s crowd scream at you, "You can’t do that!" But, God says something different. After all the struggles and skinned spiritual knees, remember the final solution to your battle with the world results in this – be strong. A spiritual enhanced fighting spirit involves two things – strength in the Lord and the power of His might. God loves warriors. After all my struggles, I reached the finish line - a fight for the right to sale electrical fixtures and play with the big boys. Sometimes in this life you just need to fight for the right cause.

Copyright 2008 Patricia Charlton

No comments: