Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Prove It!

"And prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it." Malachi 3: 10 NKJV

I love blessings. Especially the press down, rolling over kind. However, I often fail to understand just how great is the Lord God’s storehouse. With the stock markets fluttering in the financial breeze, the financial astute investor quakes with uncertainty. Even real estate agents scramble to turn a profit in a sliding housing market. Homeowner groan with overbearing mortgages payments. Everyone screams to God, "Prove it!" Prove that your promises work during uncertain financial times.

If you are looking for a challenge during this financial slump, pick up your Bible. Your divine challenge awaits your response. The LORD God fully understands financial hardships. Jesus Christ whispers to you and me this morning, "Prove me!" Take my method and watch. See if I won’t put food on your table. Christ is bigger than your financial shortfall.

What is the key that turns the lock to God’s storehouse? Malachi mentions the fruit of your labors. If you crave the heavenly blessings, bring your tithe into God’s house. Don’t forget to give an offering to support kingdom business! It may be foolishness to the worldly mind but the LORD of hosts says, "Prove me." All your future financial security rests upon your response to the next request from a missionary or a church project. Will you give in order to receive? Remember that Christ whispers into your spiritual ear, "Prove me!"

Copyright 2008 Patricia Charlton

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May I suggest an alternative interpretation of Malachi.

http://www.tithing-russkelly.com/id83.html