Thursday, September 18, 2008

Dancing With the Devil

"And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words."
Colosians 2: 5 NKJV

After many years of enticing offers and deceitful actions from "so called friends", I finally shock my head in wonderment. I knew better not to seek retribution from a harmful act. But the thoughts of revenge overpowered my sensibility and I took the bait – hook line and sinker. Revenge belongs to the LORD. But! Here was a chance of a lifetime – to get even with a former boss. The deliciousness of such actions floated through my daydreams. After all, many people don’t get mad but get even. So, what was the harm in enjoying a little pleasure in harming someone financially?

What caused all this venom? My former boss gave half of my best clients to his son. It took five years of crueling and persistence to finally build a client base with a substantial income. With one final decision, it was gone. The thoughts of starting all over again drove me to take action. I picked up the telephone and took the bait. My dance with the devil began.

My new employer’s reputation was less than stellar. This boss consistently lied, deceived, and tried every trick in the book to land a deal. But I knew this action would cause harm. After the trill of stealing or disrupting my former boss’s clientele, I came to my senses. My reputation of integrity and faithfulness was tarnished. If you dance with the devil long enough you pay the price. Take heed from my experience. Don’t dance with the devil. You will get burnt!

Copyright 2008 Patricia Charlton

No comments: